August brings with it the start of strawberry season and what better way to enjoy those delicious red berries with your kids than heading along to the Chambers Flat Strawberry Farm for some Pick Your Own fun!
The most popular strawberry picking destination south of Brisbane, and the closest for anyone living on the Gold Coast, the Chambers Flat Strawberry Farm has been delighting families for years. With its simple set up you can enjoy some great family fun that doesn’t hurt the hip pocket either.
Head into the shop to purchase your punnet and then head for the fields. There is plenty of space and lots of berries, so find yourself a spot and get picking! Spend as long as you like in the fields, but you must be able to close your punnet lid on the way out. Afterwards, grab a picnic table and enjoy your pickings, or buy a chocolate covered strawberry or fresh strawberry ice cream as a treat instead.
There’s a small slide for kids to play on, and you’re welcome to bring a blanket and their lunch to enjoy too. There is a toilet available, and plenty of on site parking.
Need to know:
- $10 for adults
- $5 for children (3 years and up)
- Children 0-2 free
- All persons entering the Pick Your Own Field must pay. Free to sit in the yard.
- Opening Hours: 9am – 5pm 7 days a week (check their phone message for changes to opening hours)
- Address: 912 Chambers Flat Rd, Chambers Flat QLD 4133
- Phone: (07) 5546 3652 (check their pre recorded message for opening times and updates on PYO each week)
- Visit their Facebook