EMF JNR has officially opened their play centre at Pacific Fair! While there is still a lot more to come from EMF at their Pacific Fair location, they’ve heard the feedback and opened the play centre ahead of time! Perfect timing for families looking for an indoor play option through the end of winter.
Similar to it’s Nerang location, there are different play zones to explore. As soon as you walk in there is the main play structure including mega slide and a massive ball pit. Attached to this play structure is a fun area with air cannons firing balls around, a twister slide, a smaller slide and a few swings. There is also a rock climbing wall. This area is suitable for all ages, but best enjoyed by the older children.
Next is the jumping castle, as well as a small trampoline boxing ring, perfect for all those jumpers among us! Just outside of this area is the swinging cube spinner, as well as some ride on trikes.
From here, you’ll find three zones that are exclusive to Pacific Fair! First is the obstacle course ball pit – a large area with climbing beams, tunnels, and obstacles to manouvre. This is perfect for any mini ninja warriors who will be in their element! Next is the Car Track, a miniature road set up with tunnels and parking bays to race those little cars around. It’s enclosed, so the cars are kept in this area instead of being free to ride around the centre. Beside this is an area that was closed when we visited, but a sign said it would be opening soon. It will be a lego land play area where the kids can piece together life size lego blocks.
Finally, there is the toddler zone – especially for children aged up to 4 years. The entire area is filled with a tiny rice sized pebble (no one really knows what it is!) that makes for a soft landing without the stickiness of sand or bark. It is filled with buckets, spades and trucks, and my toddler spent a lot of time in this area filling his dumper truck! There is also a small slide in a tree structure.
Some things to keep in mind:
- EMF Pacific Fair will be adding a gate to enclose the play centre shortly. In the meantime, keep an eye on little ones!
- The centre is long and narrow (unlike Nerang). It is reasonably easy to see across the centre at once when it is not crowded, but during busy weekends it might be harder to watch your children from the tables and chairs.
- I think this centre has more for the younger children, and the ideal age group would be 2-7 years, however there is definitely enough to do for children aged 1-12.
Need to know:
- Address: Next door to Big W, Level 1, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Hooker Boulevard, Broadbeach
- Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9.30am-5pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm, Sunday 9am – 4pm
- Phone: 0452 533 750
- Website: https://www.emfpc.com.au/clubs/pacific-fair/emf-jnr/
- Facebook: EMF Jnr Pacific Fair
- $10 per child (weekdays) $15 per child (weekends)
- Adults and babies in arms are free
- Please note that prices may increase once the gym opens up. At the moment only the play centre is open.
- Food & drink: Currently outside food and drink is allowed as there are no onsite options.