Lunchbox snacks are now high on the priority list in our household, and I’ll take any chance to pack these with extra nutrients! These are the perfect chocolatey muffins, but little ones will never know the secret ingredient is actually, really good for them!
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini (you can also try half zucchini and half carrot!)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, brown sugar and chocolate chips. Make a well in the middle for the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, oil, eggs and zucchini.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined.
- Divide into cup cake pans and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, let them rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then put on to a wire rack to cool.
- Best served same day, can be frozen and great for lunchbox snacks!