Schuster Park at Tallebudgera is a Jungle themed park best suited to children aged 4 and over. With a heavy focus on climbing, each playground piece has a number of climbing nets leading to slides, towers and platforms.
A key feature of this playground are the two mega slides off the main tower. Kids can climb the two stories to the top, and make their way back down on the twisty mega slide! For younger children, there is a smaller version of the main tower, with a single platform and smaller tunnel slide to conquer. The playground is connected by a series of nature paths, with balance beams, jumping posts, sand paths and stepping stones all enticing children to explore. Along the main sand based nature path there are some drums and musical flowers – speak into one and see where your voice travels to! There is a swing set as well as a basket swing for the swing lovers.
Schuster Park is set alongside Tallebudgera Creek and is part of a larger parklands. There is a small sandy beach beside the playground, that in summer time is bound to be popular with little ones wanting a splash so make sure to pack a change of clothes. There is also a toilet block right beside the playground, and four picnic tables under shelters with 2 bbqs available.
Some things to note about this park:
- Firstly, there is a large dog off leash section to the parklands. This section is a fair distance from the playground, however unfortunately a lot of dog walkers have their dogs off leash as they walk along the path past the playground. Given the playground is likely to become very popular since the upgrade, hopefully this will change, but we did have a number of dogs off leash approach us on the playground which was disappointing.
- Secondly, the playground is alongside Tallebudgera Creek and the playground is unfenced. If you have a runner, be aware that they will quickly make their way to the water and need to be closely supervised.
- If your child is not a confident climber, they will struggle on this playground. It is definitely designed for ages 4+, and only if they can climb. There is no way to access the slides or the platforms without climbing the nets.
- The benefit of this playground is that it is part of a larger parklands with plenty of paths to ride bikes and scooters along, so it’s a great spot to have a family day out!
Need to know:
- Park is open dawn to dusk
- Vehicle access is via Heather Street, Tallebudgera. Pedestrians can also access the park via Nineteenth Avenue, Elanora.
- There is a carpark beside the playground.
- Toilets are available.